Applications are reviewed by The Cancer Foundation’s staff for completeness and whether the patient meets eligibility criteria. If the patient is approved for assistance, the referring professional is notified by phone or email regarding the amount of assistance. Financial Assistance checks are made directly to the creditor owed.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered for aid.
- Reside in the The Cancer Foundation service area (see below for covered areas).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a cancer diagnosis as certified by healthcare provider.
- Must be in active treatment or within a six month period of cancer treatment.
- Patient declines active treatment and is admitted to hospice services.
- Must have household income less than or equal to 250% of the 2017 Federal Poverty Levels.
- Must be able to provide proof of income for each person in household over 18 years.
Choose one of the following items for proof of income:
- Bank statements from the last two months
- Pay stubs from the last two months
- Social Security benefit letter
- Social Security 1099
- Notarized statement from employer
- Copy of Social Security check
- If a patient has no income, the patient needs to provide a notarized letter stating the reason for no income.
- Have resources totaling less than:
- $9,000 (single individual)
- $12,000 (couple)
- $15,000 (family)
- Demonstrate attempts to apply for other forms of community financial assistance.
- List other agencies from which you have requested funding.
- Financial assistance will be considered for applicants that meet the aforementioned qualifications
- Payments will be made directly to company owed. Therefore, applicants must supply copies of the bill, late notice, mortgage statement, statement from landlord and his/her contact information, or any additional information necessary for grant payment.
- There is an annual cap of $500.00 per applicant (Amount may vary based on availability of funds)
- Applicants must wait one year to reapply for financial assistance.
- Applicants must be referred by a physician, physician assistant, nurse, social worker, or patient account representative.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
What We Fund
- Gas, electric, water, propane and phone payments
- Rent/mortgage payments
- Insurance Premiums (COBRA included)
- Health insurance co-payments (does not include deductibles)
- Nutritional Assistance
- Durable medical equipment (walkers, wheelchairs, bedside toilets, etc.)
- Pharmacy prescription costs
- Transportation Costs (gas cards)
If you meet all requirements above and wish to apply for financial assistance, please click here for the application.
If you have any additional questions please contact Francie Pastor at email@example.com.